You are here
Please note: Program enrollment is limited to current UMD students, staff & employees
Please return the application form with the $30 non-refundable application fee to add your child's name to the waiting list.
Please note that enrollment options are for FULL DAYS only.
- Full Time, Monday through Friday
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Tuesday and Thursday
Waiting List Policy
UMD Children’s Place maintains a lengthy computerized waiting list. The wait for care is usually at least 12-18 months. The date of application, preferred start date, age of the child, and UMD affiliation determine a child’s position on the waiting list. As openings at Children’s Place occur, enrollment of a child in any one of our three age groups is determined by these criteria in the following priority order:
- Internal movement-moving a child from a younger group to an older group on the basis of the child’s age, individual readiness, and available opening.
- Child of a full time UMD Children’s Place staff member.
- Child currently enrolled at Children’s Place on a part time schedule returning to a full time schedule or vice versa.
- Sibling of a child currently enrolled.
- Child on the waiting list