You are here
Preschool Classroom Philosophy
Our Preschool classroom has children aged thirty-three months to the first day of kindergarten. This mixed age grouping provides a variety of social interactions and peer learning.
Because we strive to be a diverse setting, including children with special needs, children are given opportunities to discover how others are both alike and different from themselves.
We believe children learn best through play and engaging in natural social interactions with each other and their environments.
Teachers support this learning by
- Designing the classroom environment and curriculum around the needs and interests of the children.
- Carefully selecting classroom materials in order to give children the best developmentally appropriate learning opportunities to support and enhance children’s cognitive, social, emotional, and physical develop.
- Encouraging participation in both large and small group experiences, but also making alternative choices available
We also believe that partnering with families is essential for quality care
- We welcome parents in the classroom to share special talents or interests
- Daily communication is achieved through conversations at drop off and pick up times as well as conferences in the fall and spring.
- We respect that parents are a child’s first and most important teacher and will work closely with families to ensure a continuity of care