You are here
Department of Education
The UMD Office of Field Experiences values the expertise of our cooperating teachers to mentor our candidates out in the field. The work with UMD supervisors to make sure student teaching candidates observe and teach using best practice and dispositions in elementary, special education, early childhood and secondary content classrooms. Cooperating teachers evaluate their student teachers and support their efforts to completion of the edTPA.
UMD Student Teaching Evaluations
Student Teaching Midpoint & FINAL Evaluations will be completed in Tk20 (Supervisors, Cooperating Teachers and Student Teachers complete and have conference)
Cooperating Teachers: Use your institutional email address and create a password. If you experience any difficulties contact firstname.lastname@example.org
TK20 and edTPA
TK20 and edTPA documents can be found in the TK20 Document Room.
- TK20 Login
- UMD edTPA Video Release permission letter to send to parents/guardians for edTPA (for teacher candidate to give to students). This form must be completed by any person (teacher, student, paraprofessional, etc) who may appear in an edTPA recording. Students will not receive a student teaching grade until this and the edTPA Video Release forms are on file with the Accreditation Office.
- Student Teacher Compliance Agreement (for student teacher to complete: Give to supervisor)
- Making Good Choices: A Support Guide for edTPA Candidates (REQUIRED reading before starting edTPA)
- Guidance for registration and submission of edTPA using vouchers.Tk20 Guide for edTPA Candidates: The Integrated edTPA Platform Provider
- Understanding Rubric Progression handout for each license areas is a great resource