Student Teachers | Department of Education
You are here
Student Teacher Candidates
You have many professional responsibilities when you are a UMD student teaching candidate. You are responsible for understanding your UMD student teaching requirements and your mentor teacher's expectations. Your mentor teachers' content knowledge and pedagogical expertise is vital to your learning. The partnership between UMD and the school / program is critical in the development of you as a future teacher. Hopefully, the relationship you develop with the mentor teacher will be a mutually rewarding experience.
Each program has different student teaching requirements. Student teachers in each program have different placement time frames. All student teachers have a UMD student teaching handbook and an edTPA handbook. All student teachers are required to do a midterm and a final evaluation. All student teachers are required to complete and upload their edTPA through TK20 to Pearson.
Student Teaching Applications
- IESE Student Teaching Application Directions & Application
- SPED Student Teaching Application
- STEP Student Teaching Application
- UECH Student Teaching Application
Student Teaching Applications are due the 4th Friday of the semester to Chris Engen in 116D Bohannon Hall by 4:00 p.m.
edTPA (All Programs)
- UMD Video taping permission form to send to parents/guardians for edTPA (English) (for teacher candidate to give to students)
- Student Teacher Compliance Agreement (for student teacher to complete: Give to supervisor)
- Making Good Choices: A Support Guide for edTPA Candidates (REQUIRED reading before starting edTPA)
- edTPA timeline for all programs
- IESE edTPA timeline
- edTPA.com(Pearson website, where student teaching candidates register and get access to templates and upload edTPA) Click on Integrated edTPA Platform Provider. Supervisor will provide voucher number. KEEP AUTHORIZATION CODE!)