You are here
Department of Education
The UMD university supervisor is the important liaison between the teacher candidate and the mentor teacher in each school or program. University supervisors make sure that the teacher candidate is completing their course work from campus as it applies to their field experience. Supervisors also serve as observers and assessors of best practice and dispositions toward teaching. University supervisors are essential in the communication between schools, programs and UMD.
For more information please see the Student Teaching Handbook.
UMD Student Teaching Evaluations
Student Teaching Midpoint & FINAL Evaluations will be completed in Tk20 (Supervisors, Cooperating Teachers and Student Teachers complete and have conference)
TK20 and edTPA
TK20 and edTPA documents can be found in the TK20 Document Room.
- TK20 Login
- UMD edTPA Video Release permission letter to send to parents/guardians for edTPA (for teacher candidate to give to students). This form must be completed by any person (teacher, student, paraprofessional, etc) who may appear in an edTPA recording. Students will not receive a student teaching grade until this and the edTPA Video Release forms are on file with the Accreditation Office.
- Student Teacher Compliance Agreement (for student teacher to complete: Give to supervisor)
- Making Good Choices: A Support Guide for edTPA Candidates (REQUIRED reading before starting edTPA)
- Guidance for registration and submission of edTPA using vouchers.Tk20 Guide for edTPA Candidates: The Integrated edTPA Platform Provider
- Understanding Rubric Progression handout for each license areas is a great resource