Department of Education
You are here
The Education Administration Specialist Ed.S. Program is an applied degree program for the professional development of principals and superintendents licensure.
Candidate must possess the following before admission into the program:
- Three years of successful teaching experience while holding a valid State teaching license for the position or positions in which the teaching experience was gained.
- Completed master's degree
The mission of the program is to produce scholarly practitioners that can critically engage with the important questions in educational administration today. Our graduates articulate a clear vision of successful leadership and actively demonstrate a commitment to ensuring quality educational experiences for all teachers and students.
The goals of this program are to help candidates:
- Acquire greater content knowledge in administration at site and district levels.
- Develop abilities for research in the field of educational administration.
- Evolve a broadened professional background in areas related to systems, safety, assessment, and human interactions resulting in greater administrative acumen.
- Increase levels of cultural competence.
- Acquire Principal or Superintendent Licensure and an Ed.S. Degree.
|The principal’s license consists of a minimum of 35 credits:||The superintendent's license consists of an additional 15 credits:|
The core requirements will be offered once every two years, leading to an open cohort of students progressing through the curriculum. Students will be admitted to the cohort every year with the number of admissions in alternate years depending on the number of active students enrolled in the courses.
Core courses are delivered using a hybrid model of face-to-face and online delivery, depending on the nature of each course. The schedule illustrates the course rotation and anticipated amount of face-to-face class attendance required for each course. Class meetings will be scheduled on weekends.
Program Contact Information
Ed.S. Director of Graduate Studies
Graduate Program Coordinator