You are here
Application for Admission
Department of Education
Education Administration Specialist (Ed.S.) Admission Requirements
- In accordance with Minnesota Rule 3512.0200, an applicant must possess the following before admission into the Ed.S. program:
- Three years of successful teaching experience while holding a valid state teaching license for the position or positions in which the teaching experience was gained
- Completed master's degree with a minimum of 30 graduate credits. 60 non-overlapping graduate credits are required for licensure at the completion of the program.
- If the applicant does not fulfill the three-year teaching experience requirement at the time of admission, in accordance with Minnesota Rule 3512.0700, the following must be approved by the Director of Graduate Studies:
- one school year teaching internship with a minimum 1050 documented hours of classroom teaching experiences, including an eight week supervised teaching internship or completion of a teaching internship (EDAD 6990) to fulfill the 1050 documented hours of classroom teaching experiences
- a portfolio or presentation to demonstrate teaching knowledge and skills
- College transcripts must evidence the completion of an approved Human Relations (HR) training program. If teaching license was obtained out of state or applicant did not complete a teacher licensure program, verification of completion of the Human Relations requirement is required prior to completion of the Ed.S. program.
- The preferred graduate level GPA for admittance to the Ed.S. program is 3.00.
- Applications are no longer being accepted for this program.
For questions regarding financial aid, billing, or payment, please contact One Stop at email@example.com or 218-726-8000