Application for Admission
Department of Education
You are here
Education Administration Specialist (Ed.S.) Admission Requirements
- In accordance with Minnesota Rule 3512.0200, an applicant must possess the following before admission into the Ed.S. program:
- Three years of successful teaching experience while holding a valid state teaching license for the position or positions in which the teaching experience was gained
- Completed master's degree with a minimum of 30 graduate credits.
- If the applicant does not fulfill the three-year teaching experience requirement at the time of admission, in accordance with Minnesota Rule 3512.0700, the following must be approved by the Director of Graduate Studies:
- one school year teaching internship with a minimum 1050 documented hours of classroom teaching experiences, including an eight week supervised teaching internship or completion of a teaching internship (EDAD 6990) to fulfill the 1050 documented hours of classroom teaching experiences
- a portfolio or presentation to demonstrate teaching knowledge and skills
- College transcripts must evidence the completion of an approved Human Relations (HR) training program. If teaching license was obtained out of state or applicant did not complete a teacher licensure program, verification of completion of the Human Relations requirement is required prior to completion of the Ed.S. program.
- The preferred graduate level GPA for admittance to the Ed.S. program is 3.00.
Students can start the program in fall, spring, or summer.
The application deadline for:
- Spring 2019 is November 12, 2018
- Summer 2019 is April 5, 2019
- Fall 2019 is July 19, 2019
The online application system is currently in transition. Applicants for spring 2019 and beyond will use the new system. Applicants for fall 2018 or those who have already submitted an application will use the old system.
If you have questions about the application process, please contact Brianne Vigen, firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-726-6525.
- Cost Of Attendance
- Tuition - scroll to Masters programs and post-baccalaureate certificates
- Office Of Financial Aid
- Payment And Billing
- Set Up Your Online Student Account