You are here
Application for Admission
Department of Education
Education Administration Specialist (Ed.S.) Admission Requirements
- In accordance with Minnesota Rule 3512.0200, an applicant must possess the following before admission into the Ed.S. program:
- Three years of successful teaching experience while holding a valid state teaching license for the position or positions in which the teaching experience was gained
- Completed master's degree with a minimum of 30 graduate credits. 60 non-overlapping graduate credits are required for licensure at the completion of the program.
- If the applicant does not fulfill the three-year teaching experience requirement at the time of admission, in accordance with Minnesota Rule 3512.0700, the following must be approved by the Director of Graduate Studies:
- one school year teaching internship with a minimum 1050 documented hours of classroom teaching experiences, including an eight week supervised teaching internship or completion of a teaching internship (EDAD 6990) to fulfill the 1050 documented hours of classroom teaching experiences
- a portfolio or presentation to demonstrate teaching knowledge and skills
- College transcripts must evidence the completion of an approved Human Relations (HR) training program. If teaching license was obtained out of state or applicant did not complete a teacher licensure program, verification of completion of the Human Relations requirement is required prior to completion of the Ed.S. program.
- The preferred graduate level GPA for admittance to the Ed.S. program is 3.00.
Students can start the program in fall, spring, or summer.
The application deadline for:
- Applications are no longer being accepted for Spring 2019.
- Summer 2019 is April 5, 2019
- Fall 2019 is July 19, 2019
Step One: Read the application instructions.
Step Two: Access the graduate application system to create and submit an application.
If you have questions about the application process, please contact Brianne Vigen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-726-6525.
- Cost Of Attendance
- Tuition - scroll to Masters programs and post-baccalaureate certificates
- Office Of Financial Aid
- Payment And Billing
- Set Up Your Online Student Account