You are here
Ed. D. Application for Admission
Department of Education
Thank you for your interest in graduate study at the University of Minnesota Duluth! Unfortunately, the Ed.D. program is not currently admitting new students, but we will add your name to our inquiry list, and will be happy to contact you when the program is prepared to admit a new cohort of students. If you are interested in being added to the contact list please email email@example.com.
Applications to the Ed.D. program are accepted every other year. The start of our Summer 2015 cohort has been postponed until further notice. Applications that were submitted prior to March 5, 2015 will be reviewed once program approval is granted. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
To apply to the Ed.D. Program at the University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD), you should possess the following:
- Master's degree, or a comparable foreign degree from a recognized college or university, in education or a related field (e.g., special education, curriculum and instruction, human development, psychology, social work, management science, criminology);
- Preferred minimum graduate GPA of 3.0;
- Submission of GRE scores is required;
- Minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based);
- 3 Letters of Recommendation;
- A minimum of 3 work samples;
- A personal statement of career objectives.
GRE scores will be considered as part of a holistic evaluation of the application. Students will also be required to complete an assessment designed to determine an individual's fit with the hybrid model. Results of the survey will also be used as part of a holistic evaluation of the application. Up to 26 students will be admitted to the program every other year.
The General GRE Exam (not a content test) is required. Click here for the GRE web site.
For additional information, email the Ed.D. Program Contacts: