Department of Education
You are here
Post Baccalaureate Program
The 5th year Licensure/Post Baccalaureate Program is intended for students who have already earned a bachelor’s degree and are now interested in seeking a teacher licensure program.
- Students who have earned a bachelor’s degree in a non teaching major seeking initial licensure
- Students who have earned a bachelor’s degree in a teaching major seeking an endorsement
- Students who have earned a bachelor’s degree in a teaching major and are now seeking an additional licensure area.
The application process is coordinated by the Accreditation Office in conjunction with the content area expert in the area you are seeking licensure. The application process requires a formal evaluation of all transcripts to determine remaining coursework prior to admission. The number of credits required to complete a program varies based on past coursework, which will be determined upon receipt of application.
We must receive your request for evaluation (and all application materials) by the deadline in order to be able to process all paperwork for the term indicated.
- Summer term ‐ April 18 of the prior spring semester. (Pursuing add on to ABS can submit at anytime)
- Fall semester ‐ May 1 of the prior spring semester. (Pursuing add on to ABS can submit at anytime)
- Spring Semester ‐ October 15 of the prior fall semester.
Admission/Re‐Enrollment to UMD
You cannot submit a request for admission/re‐enrollment to UMD until your formal evaluation has been completed and you have signed your contract agreeing to your remaining coursework to fulfill the licensure requirements.