SAT Exam | Department of Education
You are here
The University of Minnesota Duluth requires students complete either the SAT or ACT to be considered for admission.
Required Passing Scores:
● Reading score of a 510 or higher
● Writing score of a 510 or higher
● Mathematics score of a 520 or higher
It is required that you maintain your official score report from SAT to utilize for licensing if your most up to date scores were not reported to UMD. Because UMD requires an ACT or SAT score for admission we should have these on file in our student record system, PeopleSoft. If you were a transfer student coming into UMD providing ACT or SAT scores is voluntary. You can view your scores online at: z.umn.edu/getsatscore
If you do not meet the required minimum scores above you have the option of retaking the SAT OR taking the ACT Plus Writing OR taking the MTLE Basic Skills Exam (Reading, Writing and Math).
SAT Retake Policy:
● No wait period between retakes
● Must take entire exam (reading, writing and math) and obtain MN Professional Educators and Licensing and Standards Board required scores.
SAT Exam Structure: SAT Exam
SAT Exam Cost: $54.50
UMD College Code:
- 6873 [UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA DULUTH]
- Be sure to indicate UMD as a college to receive your scores