Administrative License | Department of Education
You are here
Administrative License is for a candidate who is seeking MN licensure to become a principal or a superintendent.
To qualify for this license you must:
Earned milestone on transcript documenting completion of coursework for licensure area.
How to Apply:
Recommendation for Licensure:
- You must be recommended for licensure through the University of Minnesota Duluth, a complete license application packet includes:
- Completed "Application to add a field to an existing Minnesota License" application
- A check or money order for $57.00 payable to "Commissioner of MDE". This is a nonrefundable processing fee.
- UMD Official Transcript with Milestone granted (in sealed envelope)
- Other official transcript(s) from other institution(s) if graduate level coursework was used for the administrative licensure program at UMD (in sealed envelope)
Mail completed packet to:
125 Bohannon Hall
1207 Ordean Court
Duluth, MN 55812
- The following fields: Superintendent, Principal, Community Education Director and Director of Special Education licenses cannot be renewed for five years or correlated with other fields, until the applicant has verified one year of experience during the validity of the license.
- Renewal done through MDE Educator licensing renewal.