One Year Standard License | Department of Education
You are here
One Year Standard License-License MUST be issued on or before June 30, 2018
Licenses must be issued by PELSB Educator Licensing on or before June 30, 2018 to fall under this current license structure. Licenses issued starting July 1, 2018 the one year standard license will no longer exist and the candidate will fall under the new Tiered Licensure Structure.
A one year standard license can be issued to applicants who have completed a Minnesota approved teacher preparation program, have attempted all testing requirements but did not pass one or more of the required tests. Students will then have an opportunity to continue attempting passing the required testing exams, once all exams are passed they will work with PELSB Educator Licensing to renew their license to transition from a one year license to the five year full time license.
The license requires initial recommendation from UMD and then renewal through PELSB Educator licensing for renewal.
To qualify for this license you must:
- Submit your edTPA
- Earn your degree
- ATTEMPT ALL required Exams for your licensure area
- Submit your exit survey online (z.umn.edu/edgradexitsurvey) and your licensing agreement worksheet
How to Apply:
Apply for your teaching license online at PELSB Educator Licensing:
Apply online at: PELSB Online Licensing and Click on Online Licensing System
NOTE: for your license type choose full professional license.
Recommendation for Licensure:
A completed license application packet includes:
- Checklist/Cover-page (printed from PELSB Educator Licensing online application)-indicate Licensure Field in blank field
- Verification of Completion of Program form (printed from PELSB Educator Licensing online application)-add UMD Student ID number to the top [Add a sticky note and indicate 1 year standard license]
- License verification worksheet - be sure to indicate date edTPA submitted, date exit survey submitted and sign to release transcripts to the PELSB Educator Licensing.
- License Agreement Document - review each area and initial & sign and date the document
- Have submitted UMD Education Exit Survey online
- Submit printed edTPA submission email OR Pearson edTPA Score Report
- Fingerprint card with fingerprints & demographic information completed in Black Ink
All licensure materials need to be mailed to:
1207 Ordean Court
125 Bohannon Hall
Duluth, MN 55812
OR Drop off in person in the CEHSP Accreditation Office in 116 Bohannon Hall with Chris Engen.