You are here
Tier 3 License
Department of Education
Tier 3 License
(license issued starting July 1, 2018 and forward):
|License Requirements||Number of Year License Valid||Renewal||Bargaining/Contract||License Notes:|
Can be renewed indefinitely.
Learn more online at:
Teachers are in the Bargaining Unit and must complete three years of probation. If a teacher at Tier 3 got to Tier 3 via Tier 2, to years of teaching at Tier 2 can count towards the 3 year probationary requirement*.
Teachers at Tier 3 have continuing contract rights after completion of probationary period.
*Note: The route from Tier 2 to Tier 3 without completing teacher preparation is highly controversial and may be closed as a route at any point in time during a legislative cycle so don't bank on this route as an option to Tier 3!
Find Tiered Licensure Application Materials online at: Tiered Licensure Application
A completed license application packet includes:
- A completed paper Tiered Licensure Application
- A Check or Money Order for $90.25 (initial license) or $57.00 (additional MN license) payable to PELSB
- Completed MN Teacher License Verification Information Google Form: https://z.umn.edu/mnteacherlicenseverification
- Completed UMD Education Exit Survey online
- Fingerprint card with fingerprints & demographic information completed in Black Ink
All licensure materials need to be mailed to:
125 Bohannon Hall
1207 Ordean Court
Duluth, MN 55812
turned in In-Person to the CEHSP Accreditation Office, 116 Bohannon Hall.
PELSB License Application Processing:
- The Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board will have all license applications processed within 30 days of receiving the application materials with UMD recomendation and the returned background check results from the background check agency.
- PELSB will no longer be processing license expedites with districts.