Declaring as a Psychology Major
- Students are admitted to UMD as Pre-Psychology Majors
- Students are eligible to become a Psychology major after they have taken General Psychology, completed at least 24 credits, and earned a minimum overall GPA of 2.5
- Current students transferring to Psychology -> you will first be admitted as a pre-psychology major until you meet the requirements
- Complete list of requirements
- Students that meet the requirements to move from pre-major to major will be automatically changed on or after January 2, 2020 after Fall grades are released or May 26, 2020 after Spring grades are released.
- Students that wish to move from pre-major to major that fall outside of this typical schedule may come to 320 Bohannon Hall to speak with our Executive Office & Administrative Specialist regarding the switch.