The University of Minnesota Duluth requires students complete either the SAT or ACT to be considered for admission.
Required Passing Scores
- 1600 SAT (Taken 3/1/2016-Present)
- Reading + Writing score of a 550 or higher
- Math score of a 570 or higher
- 2400 SAT (Taken 3/12/2005-2/28/2016)
- Reading score of a 510 or higher
- Writing score of a 510 or higher
- Mathematics score of a 520 or higher
It is required that you maintain your official score report from SAT to utilize for licensing if your most up to date scores were not reported to UMD. Because UMD requires an ACT or SAT score for admission, we should have these on file in our student record system, PeopleSoft. If you were a transfer student coming into UMD providing ACT or SAT scores is voluntary. You can view your SAT scores online.
If you do not meet the required minimum scores above you have the option of retaking the SAT OR taking the ACT Plus Writing OR taking the MTLE Basic Skills Exam (Reading, Writing and Math).
SAT Retake Policy
● No wait period between retakes
● Must take entire exam (reading, writing and math) and obtain MN Professional Educators and Licensing and Standards Board required scores.
SAT Exam Structure
UMD College Code
- 6873 [UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA DULUTH]
- Be sure to indicate UMD as a college to receive your scores