In addition to connections within our own MAPS program, there are a variety of resources, services and organizations on campus that support students from underrepresented groups.
Office of Diversity and Inclusion - Duluth Campus
The Office of Diversity & Inclusion collaborates with campus and community partners to implement programs and services that support the University’s commitment to inclusivity, equity and social justice.
International Student Services (ISS)
This office is dedicated to serving UMD's international community. Their primary mission is to assist international students in successfully accomplishing their academic and personal goals.
The Disability Resources Office promotes an equitable & inclusive learning environment by providing accommodations, empowering students to become self-advocates, & by educating the campus community.
The Multicultural Center at UMD offers a number of resources and ways for students to get involved. It is both a place to gather and a forum for the educational, political, social, and cultural issues that are important to students, faculty, staff, and the greater community.
Programs and Services offered by the Multicultural Center include:
- Access for All
- Sexuality & Gender Equity Initiatives
- International Student Services
- Women's Resource Action Center
- Student Organizations
Currently on University of Minnesota campuses there are:
- 15 Multicultural Fraternities and Sororities
- 9 Student-run Cultural Centers
- 200+ Cultural Student Groups
- 5 Cultural Living Learning Communities
Some of the Student Organizations on the Duluth Campus include:
- Access for All
- Women in Engineering and Science
- Black Student Association
- Asian Pacific American Association
- Latinx/Chicanx Student Association
- Chinese Language Learners Club
- Association of Native American Medical Students