Location & Facilities
Department of Applied Human Sciences
You are here
The Sports and Health Center, located at 1216 Ordean Court, is home to the Department of Applied Human Sciences (AHS). This is a shared facility also housing the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics (ICA) and the Recreational Sports Outdoor Programs (RSOP). The original building was constructed in 1951 and modernized and remodeled in 1986. In 2006, a 46,000 square foot addition to the building was opened. In addition to the Sports and Health Center, academic programming also occurs in the adjacent Ward Wells Fieldhouse.
Within the Sports and Health Center students can utilize state-of-the-art weight training and cardio equipment. There is a new climbing wall and several new aerobics rooms. In addition, there are three gymnasium spaces, a pool, a dance studio, small group activity space, general, interpretative, and departmental classrooms, laboratories and locker rooms. The laboratories (physiology, motor learning, biomechanics, and first aid) are academic spaces supporting the academic mission of the department.
The main office for the Department of Applied Human Sciences is within the office suite of SpHC 110. Many faculty offices (103 - 117) are within this office suite. Faculty offices (SpHC 123-128) are also housed in the SpHC 121 office suite. Additionally, faculty members are housed across Ordean Court in the Engineering building.