Here at Children’s Place in the Infant room, our philosophy is to provide an environment conducive to exploration and learning. In the Infant room, we strive to foster positive relationships among staff, families, and infants, while also encouraging independence and self-confidence.
We believe infants learn through:
- One-on-One interactions with caregivers
- Cooperative play time with other infants
- Role modeling of respect, trust, and love
- Exploring what they can do with their bodies, such as climbing mats and movement games
- Attempting physical accomplishments on their own, such as rolling over and crawling
- Using their five sense, exploring textures, colors, sounds, and smells
- Hearing language, such as caregiver narrations of daily actions, using both descriptive language and signing
Our daily schedule helps keep consistency in the Infant classroom, which allows caregivers to focus on the classroom as a whole and the child as an individual. Diapers, bottles, and naps are given as needed throughout the day.
|9:30-10:00||Daily Routines (diapers, bottles, naps)|
|10:00-11:00||Group Activities, Outside Time, Free Play|
|11:30-12:00||Daily Routines (diapers, bottles, naps)|
|12:00-2:00||Quiet Time (naps, books, quiet play)|
|2:30-3:00||Daily Routines (diapers, bottles, naps)|