Returning from Leave of Absence
Students who are currently not enrolled at UMD on either an official Leave of Absence, or on a break in their education, need to fill out the Request for re-admission/Return from leave of absence form. Submit this form to the Advising & Academic Services office of the college/school in which you would like to re-enter UMD.
Returning after Academic Suspension
Students who have been academically suspended are not automatically re-admitted after the mandatory time away. Students must be able to demonstrate that you can succeed within your academic program or that the circumstances causing your academic hardship have changed. Students who elect to continue their academics should reflect on what caused their previous performance. Mental health, physical health, safety, well-being, etc. is the top priority. We want students to be healthy, supported, and ready to succeed when returning to UMD.
Submit the following forms to CEHSP Advising & Academic Services office
- Required: CEHSP Request for Re-Enrollment After Academic Suspension
- Required: Readmission/Return from Leave of Absence Application
- Optional: Students requesting financial aid will be required to file a Student Financial Aid eligibility> application with supporting documentation through One Stop Student Services.
Coursework taken outside the University of Minnesota system will be considered.
- Taking courses elsewhere? Access Transferology to verify how courses will transfer back to UMD; take a screenshot or print the transfer equivalence for your records. Additional information about transferring courses to UMD is available through UMD's One Stop Transfer Credit page.
- Repeating courses outside the U of MN system? View the UMD policy on Course Repeats (section F) and again consult Transferology. Please note, only the last grade recorded is used in calculating the University of Minnesota GPA. Only the most recently completed credits can be applied toward graduation requirements.