Environmental Literacy Associate Extension Professor & Partners in Education Program Lead
- Environmental literacy
- Aquatic invasive species
- Master of Science, University of Minnesota Duluth. Focus: Invasion biology, ecology, phenology, and life history
- Bachelor of Science, University of Minnesota Duluth. Focus: Aquatic biology
- Bachelor of Arts, Gustavus Adolphus College. Focus: Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, History
My professional interests include:
- Program development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Teaching educators and youth about Great Lakes science in a way that allows them to become more environmentally literate and able to teach their learners about the Great Lakes, Minnesota’s inland waters, and the connections between humans and the watershed they live in.
- Providing opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to develop the skills necessary to enter the workforce in an environmental and/or research field.
- Fostering connections between science and education.
Center for Environmental Education roles
- Graduate Faculty in Master of EE Program
- Partners in Education lead for Minnesota Sea Grant
About Minnesota Sea Grant and the Sea Grant Network
Minnesota Sea Grant is a systemwide program of the University of Minnesota and is one of 34 nationwide federal-university partnerships whose mission is to enhance the practical use and conservation of Great Lakes, coastal, and marine resources in order to create a sustainable economy and environment. MNSG is part of the National Sea Grant College Program, administered by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.