You are here
CEHSP requires all students to have a laptop computer. Students may purchase a laptop from anywhere as long as it meets the technology requirements listed below. UMD's Computer Corner offers several laptop specials featuring both Windows and Apple computers, extended warranties, and competitive prices. Required technology purchased at the Computer Corner is sales-tax free. For more information on how Financial Aid can cover the cost of a computer purchase, plesae visit the UMD One Stop page.
Laptop Specifications (minimum)
- Windows 10 | Mac OS 10.13 (or newer)
- Multi-core processor
- Processors vary in speed and are listed differently by manufacturers, so a multi-core processor 1.2GHz or faster will be fine
- 120 GB or larger hard drive
- 8 GB RAM
- HDMI external display adapter (for classroom presentations)
- 3-4 year Service/Maintenance plan
- Accidental Damage Plan or Insurance Coverage (available for laptops purchased at the UMD Computer Corner)
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus is now available to current University of Minnesota faculty, staff, and students at no charge, for personal use.
- Google Apps
- Through a partnership with Google, University of Minnesota students, faculty, and staff can access a suite of Google-powered communication and collaboration tools designed to enhance our ability to work together.
- Additional Software (IT@UMN)