Graduating with Departmental Honors

Want to be considered for Social Work Departmental Honors? Fill out the Departmental Honors Request Form!

Students must apply to the Social Work department to be considered for departmental honors by the UMD deadline to apply for graduation in their final term.  

Students with a Social Work Major GPA of 3.90 or higher AND who have a minimum overall UMD GPA of 3.50 can graduate with Departmental Honors in Social Work if they complete one of the following:

Please note that achievement of Departmental Honors in Social Work will be noted on the student's transcript and diploma, and will not be noted in the Commencement Program nor by specialized regalia worn during the graduation ceremony.