In order to qualify for Psychology Department Honors you must have:
- A Psychology Major GPA of 3.80 or higher
- A minimum overall UMD GPA of 3.00
- Complete either a Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP) project or Honors Project in Psychology (PSY 3986)
- Complete a 5xxx level Psychology course with a grade of B or better. (Due to the COVID-19 status, students were given an option to change from a traditional A-F grading to a S/N grading. Choosing the S/N option will not affect your ability to graduate with honors, however, if a student has chosen an S/N grading for a 5xxx level course, the equivalent A-F grade will be verified with the instructor to determine if a student's final grade was a B or above).
- Complete the Honors Request Form application by May 3, 2024 for Spring 2024 graduates.
*Achievement of Departmental Honors in Psychology will be noted on the student's transcript and diploma, but will neither be noted in the Commencement Program nor by specialized regalia worn during the graduation ceremony.