Interested in taking your Associate of Arts Degree or Minnesota Transfer Curriculum to the next level? The Online Psychology major is designed for students with an Associate of Arts (AA) degree, students who have completed the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MTC). Apply Here!
Application deadline for the Psychology Online program is June 15th.
The Online Psychology major admits students every FALL semester. This program is capped at 15 new students per year.
To qualify for admission, students must have the following:
- Applied by June 15th and are admitted for Fall Semesters only
- Completed Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree or Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC)
- An overall cumulative GPA of 2.5
- College Algebra completed or Math ACT score of 21 or higher
- Equivalent of UMD’s General Psychology
- It is recommended, but not required, to have college level biology course with lab component
Contact Blane Tetreault, Admissions Transfer Coordinator (218-726-7171) to confirm whether a specific course at your community college will fulfill high school preparation requirements.
Along with the core requirements and electives, students are encouraged to select at least one personal experience that fosters engagement with psychology. This can include:
- Active membership in Psi Chi & Psychology Club
- Becoming a research and/or teaching assistant in cooperation with a psychology faculty member
- Applying for a UROP (Undergraduate Research Opportunity Project)
- Conducting research or a project through guided independent study (Psy 3994, 3995, 3998, 3999)