Scholarships | College of Education and Human Service Professions
You are here
Scholarship Opportunities for Undergraduate and Graduate Students
For the 2016-2017 academic year, the College of Education and Human Service Professions awarded over 80 scholarships to undergraduate students across all five departments and is pleased to announce the following scholarship recipients who were recognized at the Honors Convocation on April 20, 2016 (pdf).
- Scholarships are generally awarded in the spring for the following academic year. However, some scholarships may be offered on a different cycle.
- Students who wish to be considered for scholarships must apply each year by submitting an application by the stated deadline. The deadline for the 2017-18 CEHSP Scholarship application is March 20th, 2017.
- See the full list of scholarships and awards. Not all scholarships listed are awarded every year, and this list is subject to change at any time.
- Students are also encouraged to check with their individual departments for additional scholarship opportunities and details.
CEHSP students are also eligible for campus scholarships. Information and application materials can be found on the UMD One Stop website.
Graduate fellowships and awards are available to graduate students as determined by each department. Students are encouraged to check with their individual departments for more information on these opportunities.Graduate students are also eligible to apply for scholarships distributed from the Twin Cities campus.
How to Apply
Department of Education Scholarships: Due to the large amount of available scholarships through the CEHSP Department of Education, the scholarship committee requires Education students to fill out a paper application form. Please complete form and turn in by March 20th, 2017 to LeeAnn Myers,116 Bohannon Hall. Be sure to include all requested supporting documents.
*This application process is only required for Education students who are applying for scholarships specific to this department.
Departments of Applied Human Sciences, Communication Sciences and Disorders, Psychology, and Social Work Scholarships: We will begin to accept applications for scholarships for the 2017-18 academic year at the beginning of spring semester 2017. Apply online by March 20th, 2017. All applications are maintained for the year and students remain eligible for any scholarships for which they qualify as they are awarded through the academic year.
See full list of available scholarships and awards through CEHSP. Not all scholarships listed are awarded every year, and this list is subject to change at any time. Read the criteria carefully to determine your qualification.
You can expect to need the following items to submit a complete application:
- Current resume (include specific information about work experience, extracurricular activities, leadership experiences, etc.)
- Letter of application that includes why you have chosen your major (career plans), how you are financing your college education (e.g., work, loans, grants, etc.; be specific); and any other information about yourself that would be of interest to the selection committee.
- A current APAS report (printer friendly version)