Advising & Academic Services
You are here
Our mission is to facilitate student learning, development, and success through effective and individualized advising & academic services.
The name of your assigned Academic Advisor can be found on your APAS Report (your official record)
If your assigned Academic Advisor is a Faculty member:
Look up their name in the UMD homepage search bar to find their contact information (phone, office, email) to set up an appointment.
If your assigned Academic Advisor is in the CEHSP Advising & Academic Services office, click on the name below to schedule a meeting:
- MaryLynn Garro (Psychology & Social Work)
- Jodi Lieske (Communication Sciences & DisordersIntegrated Elementary & Special Education, Unified Early Childhood Studies, Secondary Education)
- Ann Miller (Environmental and Outdoor Education, Exercise Science, Physical Education, Public Health Education & Promotion)
- Stacy Seminara (Undeclared)
Drop In Hours Fall & Spring Semester for Advisors in the CEHSP Advising Office:
Wednesdays 1:30 to 3:00 pm and Thursdays 10:00 to 11:30 am
Tips for meeting with your advisor:
- Explore the links on this page, these are great resources at your fingertips
- Meet with your Academic Advisor at least once a semester
- When you arrive for an appointment with a professional advisor, be sure to check in at the front desk in 120 Bohannon Hall
- Set up meetings with faculty advisors via email or phone with the faculty member
UMD Academic Advising Student Learning Outcomes:
- Students know and understand their talents, values, and interests.
- Students use information from credible sources in making decisions.
- Students effectively craft and revise education goals & plans.