Advising & Academic Services
You are here
Our mission is to facilitate student learning, development, and success
through effective and individualized advising & academic services.
The name of your assigned Academic Advisor can be
found on your APAS Report (your official record)
If your assigned Academic Advisor is a Faculty member:
Look up their name in the UMD homepage search bar to find their
contact information (phone, office, email) to set up an appointment.
If your assigned Academic Advisor is in the CEHSP Advising & Academic Services office, click on the name below to schedule a meeting:
- Susan Lombardo (Undeclared Majors)
- Jodi Lieske (Integrated Elementary & Special Education, Unified Early Childhood Studies, Secondary Education)
- Ann Miller (Communication Sciences & Disorders, Environmental and Outdoor Education, Exercise Science, Physical Education, Public Health Education & Promotion, and Social Work)
- Stacy Seminara (Psychology)
Drop In Hours Fall & Spring Semester for Advisors in the CEHSP Advising Office:
Wednesdays 1:30 to 3:00 pm and Thursdays 10:00 to 11:30 am
Planning & Registration Resources: z.umn.edu/coolbeans
Major & Career Exploration Resources: z.umn.edu/groovy
Tips for meeting with your advisor:
- Meet with your Academic Advisor at least once a semester
- When you arrive for your appointment, be sure to check in at the front desk in 120 Bohannon Hall
UMD Academic Advising Student Learning Outcomes:
1. Students know and understand their talents, values, and interests.
2. Students use information from credible sources in making decisions.
3. Students effectively craft and revise education goals & plans.