Our mission is to facilitate student learning, development, and success through effective and individualized advising & academic services.
The name of your assigned Academic Advisor can be found on your MyU > Academics Tab. You will have either a faculty advisor or professional advisor. Click on their name to see contact information.
If your assigned Academic Advisor is in the CEHSP Advising & Academic Services office, click on the name below to schedule a meeting:
- MaryLynn Garro (Psychology)
- Jodi Lieske (Communication Sciences & Disorders, Integrated Elementary & Special Education, Secondary Education)
- Ann Miller (Environmental and Outdoor Education, Exercise & Rehabilitation Sciences, Physical Education, Public Health Education & Promotion)
- Stacy Seminara (Social Work, Undeclared, & Individualized Integrated Major Program)
Tips for meeting with your advisor
- Meet with your Academic Advisor at least once a semester
- Come to your appointment on time.
- Review your APAS prior to your appointment.
- Come with a list of classes you want to register for or questions that you need help resolving.
- Understand that we do not have all the answers and may need to refer to another campus resource.
- Take final responsibility for making your own educational decisions.
UMD Academic Advising Student Learning Outcomes
- Students know and understand their talents, values, and interests.
- Students use information from credible sources in making decisions.
- Students effectively craft and revise education goals & plans.